Monday, September 8, 2008

Summer - No Blog

Wow, it's been three months since I last wrote. But, I have been running. Summer it was hard to keep motivated - the race is far away (in Jan '09) and it is HOT outside. But, the summer is over, mostly, and I am down to less that 19 weeks from the race. We have hotel reservations even.

I have begun following a training plan. I'll write more on that in the next blog.

I've been doing weight watchers for a couple of months, and I am back to my pre-summer weight. (I really took time off I guess.)

A, H, and R just completed the Disneyland half marathon - congrats. A & R have the Goofy coming up in Jan. There have been times that I have thought, WHY didn't I sign up for the half marathon - 26.2 miles is too dang much. Now, I am changing my thinking to, "Thank goodness I didn't sign up for the Goofy - 26.2 is just enough."

1 comment:

Tracie said...

You may have slacked off a little over the summer as far as the physical aspect goes but your brain is still 110% in the game. You have remembered one of the MOST important parts of ANY exercise program - it's all mind over matter. You ONLY signed up for the marathon, not the goofy. Anyone can be in great shape but if you tell yourself you can't do something, then you won't be able to. Way to stay motivated - and stick to a plan. It's getting closer every day...I know you will be ready...I'm not worried and neither should you!!!