Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Actually working out

So, I got my shoes on Saturday morning. I was excited - I planned to go for a run in the afternoon. Well, I was told to break in the shoes - don't work out on Saturday. Only wear them for a couple of hours, then let them sit overnight.

I wore them, then changed to my hiking boots to walk the dog. My boots felt more comfortable then the sneakers! I did my normal walk, then "run" past a few houses. Nothing new.

On Sunday, it snowed all day - just light accumulation, but snow. I didn't want to take my brand new sneakers out in the snow! So, I wore them around the house, then changed to my hiking boots to walk the dog. We went on the icy pond, and every time the dog stopped, I ran in place. The boots felt really comfortable, and supported my light jogging.

FINALLY, Monday night, I wore the sneakers to walk the dog. My toes were cold - there are air holes in the toes, and when I was just walking, the wind would get in. I did a 1.7 mile loop, with alternating running and walking (mostly walking, but I did get work up a sweat which is new). After the first part of running, my feet hurt! Correction - my right foot hurt, but my left was ok. I kept up the alternating, and by the end, my feet felt fine. SO, I did 1.7 miles, and probably ran a quarter of that. Oh, and I wanted to take a picture of my new shoes - but I ran in puddles that I didn't see coming, so they are dirty already. Which, actually for me, may be a better picture.

Tuesday night (last night) - I did 2.2 miles, with probably 0.6+ miles of running. When I put on the sneakers, I was ready to run. I did the same runs as the previous night, but longer! So, I have put about 4 miles on my sneakers. Someone suggested writing the miles directly on the sneaker. At 1.5 miles a workout, I think I may just make a mark on them every 10 miles. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Andria said...

On runnersworld.com if you create a training log you can enter your shoes and then every time you run you can put in the milage and which pair of shoes you had on. That's how I keep track because that's also where I keep track of my training.

+.6 miles! That's awesome! Your first half mile is probably the hardest one. It's all cake from here on in. LOL! Just kidding, but really, the hard part is getting started. You are awesome.

What Me Run? said...

That is 0.6miles at 0.1 miles at a time.

Andria said...

Don't you dare do that again. Don't ever minimize your accomplishment.
.6 is .6 is .6. Doesn't matter how you did it. I did 26.2, but it was just one mile then one mile, then in the end it's one step at a time to get you closer to the finish. Doesn't matter how you get there, just that you get there.
And don't let Tracie see you do that. She'll be all over you.