Monday, June 15, 2009

Five Months Later...

It's been five months since the marathon. I can't believe how much it took out of me.
I finally strapped on the Garmin for a walk yesterday. I've been walking the dog, but no where near the four miles I was doing this time last year. I did four miles last night with some friends. It took just over an hour. 4mph was my run/walk last year. Last night felt fast, and it was all walking (I never was a fast runner). there were a bunch of hills, and my ankles are a little tender this morning, but I feel great. I was able to do it - I was worried I wouldn't keep up. These gals walk regularly. I was able to carry on conversation and keep the pace (although it felt fast).

I am glad the Garmin still works - I hadn't worn it since the race. I forgot how inspiring that one peice of equipment is! I will wear it when i walk the dog tonight and go. Let's see if it makes me go more...(I did a total of just over six miles yesterday since I walked the dog before I met the girls.)

1 comment:

Tracie said...

That's all there is to it - getting out there and doing it. Once you get going, you remember how much it was a part of who you were. It's all about how motivated you are, how much heart you have and most of all, how much you want it!!! That goes with EVERYTHING in life!! Great Job!!