Monday, July 27, 2009

Beach To Beacon...?

I am excited to see my brother and sisters this weekend. They are going to run the beach to beacon. I have to tell my quick training update. For supper on Friday, my husband baked bacon to have BLTs. My son liked it so much, he had him make more bacon for Sunday morning breakfast. So, for two times this weekend, I ran the Beach to Bacon! (It was good incentive to move faster...)

Also this weekend, I wrote out the training plan in the calendar. I know the 20 weeks from the marathon date, so I can start my official training on August 30th!

It so happens that a friend at work is running a 1/2 marathon the weekend of November 8th, in Maine. That is the weekend of 13 mile run in the marathon training. I am going to sign up for it!

So, this time I will have not JUST 5K races under my belt before starting the marathon.

1 comment:

Hayley said...

WOOHOO!! Writing out the training plan truly makes it official, doesn't it? That is awesome!! And I'm excited for you to do a half marathon race. I can tell you they're a lot of fun! :D Plus, it's just fun to get to experience other big races (bigger than 5K's, like you said). I know that for me doing the OKC Half a few months ago was a cool experience. It was so different because it was a non-Disney race. Lol! Anyway, I'm really excited for you!! :D