Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Motivation

OK, I decided it was time to pull out the big guns for motivation - I re-read my blogs from the marathon, and then from last summer. But, i didn't blog in summer - I was too busy with weight watchers, and trying to up my running.
I have been out with the dog and wearing my garmin. I see that the distance and time I did two days ago is the same as I was all excited to be doing last May. So, I am feeling pretty good that I will be marathoning again.
Reading about the maraton day just reminded me of what a unique experience I had at the back of the pack. I think I could do without that experience again, but if I work and work, and still end up dead last, I won't be too terribly upset.
T, A, and H - you guys are incredible. You gave me so much support. I don't think I told you how much it all meant to me. (keep it up, please)
I wrote the meter blog yesterday. I have to think of things to think about when I am running - I remember that was the psychological problem with running last time.

2 comments:

Tracie said...

I am definitely here for you for the motivation part. You, out there doing it should be so much motivation...I think of all you've been through in life. That is sooo much motivation to everyone, not just yourself. I am afraid that l'il ole me isn't going to be a whole lot on the motivation side. You have climbed that mountain, come down the other side and now you're just jogging up little anthills. What you have ahead of you is NOTHING compared to last year. You know what you have to do. You have less to learn this year. You know about hydration and shin splints and good shoes, training plans and everything that goes with it. You are no longer a novice at this. You can do this. It's all a mind game. Your mind is so strong, all you have to do is BELIEVE that you can do it. Have you see High School Musical?? All you gotta do is "Get your Head in the Game". Make sure this is what you want and ask yourself how bad do you want it? Then just do what you have got to do. Stick with it, we all know you can do it but sometimes, that's not enough, you have to believe in yourself. Anything you need, let us know! The psychological aspect is what makes the difference between a marathon-er and a casual runner (like me) I couldn't psych myself up for a run that long....I'm lucky to make it 5 miles on a SUPER good day! You have come so far, you have done so much good for your body, making your heart stronger. This is just a little run. You have the motivation...once you start doing the runs regularly, you'll remember how much you love it. Just keep at it!!!

Hayley said...

I'm so glad I could help in giving you support, and I will keep it up because you are amazing to me!! As Tracie said, you've been through so much and we're all so proud of you. I can't wait to watch you cross that finish line in January and I know you can do it! :D I also agree with what Tracie said that once you start running regularly again you'll remember how much you love it. Andria once told me that picking up running after not doing it for awhile is like finding an old friend - it's awesome! :D

Happy Feet, H