Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Aftermath of 10+ miles

I am feeling those miles today still (two days later). Yesterday, the day after the long run was tough. My one calf muscle is so tight, it really hurts. I was supposed to do 4 mile run, but I did a 2.5 mile fast walk with the dog - I did a lot of hills which made the calf fell better. I know - it needed a lot of stretching. T - you were so right with your note on the last post. The rest of me felt ok - a little tired, but nothing major. Just that one calf.


It is best to learn this now, though. I will have to stop to pee during the race, and I have a bunch more long runs to go before I get there. So, today is a rest day, and I will be resting - but stretching every chance I get!

1 comment:

Tracie said...

Good for you to still go when your legs were hurting so bad. It really helps to push through SOME of the pain. It will help stretch some of the tight muscles but you just have to make sure you don't overdo it!! Once you get shin splints, it's hell to recover. You seem to be doing the right thing... stretching...that's how you'll get through this. I'm seeing improvement every day!!