Friday, May 16, 2008

Grocery

Oh, and I am pretty excited too that I did some good grocery shopping. I had ~$40 to spend (by expense account). It could be spent on food all for tonight, or to last a few days. here's what I bought:
bunch of bananas avacado mango frozen peas
frozen mixed veggies oatmeal seltzer water 100% juice - cranberry/pomegrate
sliced turkey coffee mate low-fat yogurt egg substitute
low-fat string cheese melon cherries almonds
lettuce cinnamon gum can of soup no-pudge ice cream bar
whole wheat tortillas (flat bread)

No: chips, dips, chocolate, full fat ice cream, soda (seltzer doesn't count)...

So, after swimming, I have had cherries and blue cheese, and seltzer water. I am heading to bed. Tomorrow I'll probably stop and get wine, for after the Sunday race. None before a race - and proabably not the soup tomorrow. I need to be hydrated, and the soup is high in salt... I wonder if soup hydrates or dehydrates because the salt may retain water. Anyone know?

I am getting back to weight watchers. I haven't been following it lately - I have been adding workouts and focussing on them. I haven't gained much back - my weigh in this week (first in 7 weeks) was 229.6, when 7 weeks ago it was 225.8. And, last time I weighed in with light weight pants and top. This time, I had jeans and kept my jacket on. I like to start at a slightly elevated weight, so the first week I lose a "lot". I know it is stupid - all psychological. But, it works.

It's finally 10pm. I am heading to bed. TV Land went from M*A*S*H to A Fish Called Wanda. I dind't know they showed movies at night. It feels like the middle of the deep night. I hope tomorrow I still like the shopping that I did when so tired. Ok, one banana, then bed.

2 comments:

Tracie said...

Gotta Say P that it was some impressive food you bought. You did a good job of buying healthy foods. It can be SOOOO easy when you are traveling - for work or fun - to buy the easiest thing - which would be Chips and Dip and Lots of little Debbies~~ Very smart decisons and choices - and it has to feel good on the inside to know that you made those smart decisions. Great Job.

Hayley said...

All very good food choices! And kudos to you for going swimming when you could've been a lazy bum! I know that when I'm on vacation, away from home, or just off my normal schedule in any way, those are the biggest hinderances to exercising. You completed another hurdle. Keep up the excellent work!!