Saturday, May 17, 2008

Next Big Run!

I've mentioned that I am traveling for work. I am here Friday to Friday so I have a weekend here. (I have to work Sunday afternoon, but I figured I have Saturday). I went on line to see what there was to do in the area. I've been sent here before, so I've done a bunch of the touristy stuff. I went on line to look for things to do on the weekend.

I registered for the San Diego Coranado Bridge Run - it is the 22nd annual, four mile run. When I registered, there were less than 500 spots left. As of today, it is closed. There are 8,000 people registered. 8,000 people!!!

I'm pretty proud of myself that I thought to sign up for a RUN. Also, it is the longest distance I have run officially. And, it is by far the most people that I have run with. I started running 5K's with 14-24 people. Then, I had the 5K with 250 people. Now it is 8,000.

It's 99 degrees here today. My job today has been to drink LOTs of non-cafeinated low-sugar liquids. I need to be hydrated tomorrow. I've been told that the bridge should be breezy though.

I had to shop today and get sunscreen. I forgot to pack mine. I bought some that is "Ultra Sweatproof". We'll see.

I also picked up my bib today. I had to go to a running store. There were a lot of people in the store and outside at the bib pickup. I got a t-shirt (2X) and a coupon for a free coffee at Starbucks. I'd send it to my sister, but it is only in San Diego.

I bought a fanny pack as well - to carry water and a digital camera. I hear the view from the bridge is going to be great.

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Hope the race went great!! Can't wait to hear all about it. You will definitely put that sunscreen to the test. :)