Sunday, October 19, 2008

5K - CMS Fall

A, M, and I ran the CMS weekly 5K this weekend. It was great. I beat my previous time, and really pulled through strong in very last stretch. I did want a nap later in the day though. I did the 5K in 37:59, so about 12:15 minute miles sustained for three miles. I didn't do my 6 mile run yesterday, but today I will get out there and go for a longer time.

I did go to the gym on Monday to learn to use the equipment, and then I went back on Thursday and used it on my own. It was nice - I think I have the right weights. Friday I was a little sore - but it was more that the muscles were tired. If I'd lifted any more, they would have hurt.

1 comment:

Tracie said...

Do you hear what you are saying? a 5K in 37 something. Have you looked back at your older posts? Have you compared the times and seen how far you've come...yup, I think it's definitely official, you have become a runner!! Awesome job. You'll have no problem with that marathon!! I knew you'd get there!