Monday, October 13, 2008

Longest "Run" yet...

Saturdays are my long run days. I had to do 110 minutes this past Saturday. I rounded to 2 hours, and figured I needed to go 7.5 miles. (That's 3.75 mph, or 16 minute miles.) Well, the dog got off the leash in the middle, and I had a 20 minute stint in the middle where I went only 0.5 miles - in circles looking for the dog. My hubby called to say the dog was home, without his leash, and he wanted to be sure I was ok. So, I did my last 45 minutes by myself, carrying the dog leash. I am sure I was a sight. I hit the 7 mile mark at 1:59. I was pretty happy with that. So, it wasn't Disney time, but it was ok by me.

Also, I realized later that night that I hadn't needed a nap during the day to make up for the running. When I started all this, a 5K would knock me out for a couple hours in the afternoon.

Then, the next day, I did 4 miles in 58:00. That is AOK by me. I was even more excited by that run. I didn't need a nap later in the day, but I was ready to go to bed at 7pm.

I am off to the gym today to learn to use the weight equipment. It's my first trip to the gym (other than the tour I got when I signed up).

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Excellent work!! See, what's great is you're at the point where you're redefining which runs are easier and which are harder for you - like you said a 5K used to tucker you out for the day and that's definitely not the case anymore! Congrats, and keep it up!