Monday, October 6, 2008

Bra Miles

It is hard to blog when you are training. Also, my son has started first grade, so there is PTO and Cub Scouts (we are the den parents for Tiger den #2). Anyway, I was thinking during my run today, I know roughly how many miles I have on my shoes, and it should be the combination of the two pair is the miles on my sports bra. Is there a limit on the bra? I know to start looking for new shoes at ~300-500 miles (I am heavy, so closer to the 300). But, what of the bra? I suppose I will notice? Ok, that was where my mind wandered today.

2 comments:

Tracie said...

You know, that's a really good question and honestly - after years of exercising with 17 and 18 year olds - I'm pretty paranoid so whenever I feel there's a little TOO much 'bounce' is when I start replacing them. I never really kept track of the miles. Great Question though - wish I could help you out more.

Hayley said...

That is a great question. After a few months of training with my enell I started to notice it wearing down and the lining around the hooks started to wear away. So, I still have that bra and wear it for cross-training days, but I got a new enell and have been training with it since shortly before the Disneyland half...so I would say it's totally up to you to decide when to "retire" a bra, for me they last a few months.