Monday, October 6, 2008

Dropped a size!

Ok - I don't have lots of time to blog, so I am trying to keep them all short. It means, I am on the third one in a row, but at least they are getting out there.

I went shopping for jeans, and I bought (becuase they fit) a size 20 pair. I have been wearing my size 24 and 26 pants and shorts. I have gotten frustrated because they are too loose, and annoying to roll up. Well, now I have a pair that fits correctly. And, it is in a size that I haven't been since college. I need to spend time throwing out the pairs that are too big. I don't want to have "fat pants" around - unless they are these size 20's in a month. :-)

Also, I was going to get a new running shirt. I have been using a tank top, but it is getting cold now. I tried on the man's 1X shirt, and it fits ok. It is grey. I didn't buy it then, but was planning to get it later this week. Well, I put on the pink shirt that my sisters and brother got at a marathon expo earlier this year. I'd worn it before, but it was a little too tight for my liking. Well, it is loose enough now that I don't feel so noticeable in it. With the Enell, it is obvious that I have a straight jacket on under my shirt, no matter what. But now the shirt doesn't show the outlines of the hooks. I know - the shirt could have stretched out in the 5-10 times I have worn and washed it. But, I am going with the idea that I shrunk. And, it wasn't even in the dryer!

I also bought some womens 1X shirts today. They are cute, and were on clearance. I tried on the 4X that I used to wear, and it was a tent on me. I loved it. I tried the 2X (which is what I have been wearing), and it was too large as well. The 1X doesn't look tight.

OK - that is my non-running blog today. But, life is a matter of balancing it all.

1 comment:

Tracie said...

Once again that sense of accomplishment...that pride that of making yourself healthier along the way of meeting your goal of running a marathon. You are doing SOOOO great. There is not a doubt in my mind...you will finish it with flying colors. You are so motivated and strong-willed. With everything you've been through and with your brother and sisters and the fact they've completed marathons...you'll never fail. I don't think you could fail if you tried!! Can't wait to see the pictures of you crossing that finish line at Disney!!!