Wednesday, January 14, 2009

No Proof

Of course, the problem with DNF is there isn't proof how far you went. During the race, my husband, C, was able to print out the chip times. It shows I made it to mile 20. That isn't available anymore.

I took photos at mile marker 17, but got into trouble after mile 22, so didn't have the ability to pull out my camera.

I know there were LOTS of photos taken of me in Hollywood Studios (previously MGM so no point given, H), but I don't know if they will email me the link since I didn't finish... Also, they won't show mileage.

I have my Garmin map. My brother downloaded it to his computer and we could compare maps. His is a complete Mickey head (the two ears and head), where mine looks just like it, but with a small (2.2 mile) portion missing. That is my proof to my family who got to see it. But, I can't print it out.

I have my own knowledge. But, I am still 225 pounds heavy woman who looks like she would never be able to run a marathon (and I was not able to run it). I know I shouldn't have to prove it to anyone, but I'd like to. Most folks will just see DNF and I'll just be another overweight idiot who wasted money doing something she should have known better. I see the DNF and say I went further than I thought I could when I started. I see DNF and know that there were bus loads of people at mile 16 and 18 and even 5 that got pulled out. At mile 24, there was a small van of five that didn't make it. (I was the slowest of the five to get pulled at mile 24.)

I guess that is pretty cool.

3 comments:

Andria said...

People who say stuff like that are sh*theads and obviously are not runners and don't think of taking chances in their life.

Here's your proof:

http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=40036&BIB=17263

People who say fatties shouldn't run can suck it. I'm a fattie and I run. And that's the point isn't it? Trying to improve yourself and live a longer healthier life? You are a runner to me. Snobs can go blow their nose.

Tracie said...

Andria is right - you absolutely can NOT go by what someone looks like - I work with all kinds and sizes who can and can't run. Has nothing to do with body size - has to do with heart - and if you've got the heart, you can do anything and P you have proved again and again that you have the heart.

Hayley said...

LOL! Andi, I love you, you totally put it into words! :D

I'm totally itching for a run after reading all this...