Monday, February 11, 2008

Joined a Running Club

I joined the Central Mass Striders club this weekend. They are the running group that hosts the Saturday races, as well as other training and events. I paid my $20 joining fee. I look at it as a motivational cost. They will keep me aware of my running.

So, I joined, ran my race, then was asked to "do the 30K" race that is coming up. I nearly fainted. The woman who asked, must have seen all the blood rush from my face, because she quickly explained that she needs volunteers for the race day - and wasn't asking me to run. So, I will likely volunteer for a large race for a few hours. That way, I can even see "behind the scenes", to help prepare for Disney. I guess I really am planning to run a marathon. Wow.

The CMS have long distance runs available too. So, I will work up to those. Right now, I am still working on my original training plan of being able to jog the whole 5K at one time. By the end of March. End of March looks pretty close from the back of the pack here.

2 comments:

Ken said...

So when is the next 5K? Keep up the good work.

Andria said...

Oh that will be a great experience to volunteer. They make such a difference! Motivators (not cheerleaders... thanks Tracie!) are so important.