Thursday, February 7, 2008

Running Gear

Warning - this discusses running bras for larger women

I ordered an Enell bra for running. I measured, and I am 40"/47". That is 40G (or 40DDDD) in regular sizes. (Hope you heeded the warning above.) I always wear bras a size too small, because they don't go large enough into my size. So, I ordered an Enell size 5 and a size 4 - since I figure I will lose weight with the running. The size 5 is a little too big! I haven't had a bra that we too big before. I ordered the 5 because of the size listing on the website. It definately squished them in - but there is material at the top that if I wear it more than my 3 miles now would probably start chafing. I didn't notice chafing - but people have said to beware of it. The size 4 can hardly be buttoned though. I know it is to be tight, but I may not be ready just yet for it. Or, I don't have the body-type that works for this bra.

I ran with it yesterday (the size 5). I didn't notice much jiggle and bounce. But, today things seem a little more tender. Could be time of the month, or could be poor support. (I feel it in my chest and in my upper back.) Could also be that I pushed myself harder yesterday. Although, I have been running in a daily wear bra that squishes, but isn't made for heavy duty long term wear. I'll keep wearing the size 5 and let you know. It is likely an early running bra - oh, my first "training" bra.

I would suggest - try the bra on before getting it. I bought mine by internet because there isn't a store that sells them near me. I am sure the online store would take returns. The way the bra sizes go, they give you a wide range for sizing but you want to be sure there isn't extra fabric in any area.

One other comment - these are heavy duty. My husband C thinks they look like biking shorts when they were just sitting on the desk. They have a wide band and no cups.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Training" Bra. I love it!
Look forward to reading how they are/aren't working for you over the next month.

Andria said...

I'm glad you put these thoughts up. I've only heard rave reviews of them so I'm glad to hear a negative one. Now when H and I go we'll have a more balanced view of the things. I'm still looking forward to it, but maybe I'll think of them more objectively...

You rock!

What Me Run? said...

They are good - and probably a lot better than what is out there. But, yeah, be objective about them.
Have fun shopping with H.

Ken said...

I'll reserve my comments for the jockstrap blog I will be having in the future