Wednesday, March 5, 2008

30K Volunteer Work Pays Off

It snowed on Saturday, but the 30K race went off on Sunday just beautifully. I arrived and milled around looking for where to help out. They assigned me to t-shirts and I worked with a couple of great ladies. I also got to see just about all of the 223 pre-registered folks that were running.

Being a big lady, I have a different take on t-shirt sizes. We had S to XL. I always say no to a t-shirt because XL is still too small. I was giving out M to folks, who then were requesting smaller sizes. There were quite a few guys asking for S as well. I did get an XL volunteer t-shirt, and amazingly, it fit. My friend D would say that is because I am in denial about having lost some weight. Still, I like my shirts looser.

So, I learned that you should remember your shirt size requested when you pre-register. That is the size you will get.

I met J - a woman marathon runner. She put me in touch with another women in my town who has done Disney. I am really excited because we have talked and I have gotten some good info on longer distance paths in my area. Love it.

So, I am training this week and I HOPE to run this Saturday. I will be there even if there is rain. Ice is tough, but they are moving the runs soon. I can't believe it is time to change the clocks. during Daylight Savings time (next week), the races are Wednesday nights about a half hour from home. I won't make those so much, but I had been hoping to get more runs in Worcester. Oh well, I am on my way.

My first major goal is to run 5K the whole way by the end of March. It's March, so I have to get moving!

4 comments:

Andria said...

In a few months you'll be wanting the L's! I'm so glad you volunteered. You are just the right kind of motivator - loud and inexhaustable. I think it runs in the family :)

Hayley said...

Ditto to what Andria said! It totally runs in the Eaton family and in my family too!!

Anyway, I just gotta say how proud I am of you Peanut. You are so motivated to accomplish this and it's wonderful! Keep up the awesome work! :D

Ken said...

Did you race this past weekend?

Tracie said...

Running your first 5K in the amount of time you want is definitely a DOABLE goal. You just keep your eyes on the goal and curling those 1/2 gallons of milk when you are unable to get any other form of exercise!!! You are headed in the right direction -who needs TOMTOM or Garmin??