Saturday, March 1, 2008

It's a weekly thing...

Here it is - one hour to race time again. We are in the middle of getting 6-9 inches of snow. It started at mid-night, and there is no chance of getting out of the driveway in time. This time, the road isn't even plowed yet. And, the snow is coming down heavy. Argh again.

But, I did run during the week and actually ran most of the first 0.8 miles in our two mile loop. I only stopped running through the icy areas. That is the longest distance I have kept up a jog.

More cross training today - same as last week. I forgot to get milk yesterday, so I will probably be walking through the snow to go to the store. (I think the roads will be bad all day.) I'll walk, then get milk and carry it home. A gallon of milk is 8 pounds. If I get two half gallons, I can do four pound curls all the way home.

I am volunteering for the 30K race tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how they register and run behind the scenes. I wasn't brave enough to volunteer to man a water station though.

4 comments:

Hayley said...

Yeah, I wouldn't be brave enough to work the water station either - being bombarded by thirsty sweaty runners wouldn't be so great! lol!

I love the idea of working out with the half gallons of milk! With weather like you get, creative workouts seem to be required.:D

Ken said...

I feel guilty listening to your weather reports. It was 70 degress and sunshine Sunday morning when I ran my most recent 5K.

How was the 30K water station?

Andria said...

I love it! Getting two half gallons may not be as environmentally friendly, but nice biceps are worth it. Just kidding.

Andria said...

Hey, what's wrong with thirsty, sweaty runners. I thought the water station people were awesome on the course. P, you would have been great at it because you are a great cheerleader, uh, er, motivator.