Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Home Running

I went for 2.5 miles yesterday with the dog. We did a really good first mile - 13:54 (same as the 5K), and I felt pretty strong. Then, we turned and went through an area with lots of dogs! No pace-setting there. I spent lots of energy just keeping the dog from running off to chase the other dogs. And I get really annoyed by un-leashed dogs. My sister A has commented on that. But, she was chased by big dogs. Instead, we were chased by two little rat-dogs. Ok, that sounds harsh maybe. But, one after another these two little dogs kept trying to bother my big dog (75 pounds to their 5 pounds). They'd run up to his leash limit and yap. Then pee and run off, just to come back again and do it all over. My dog wants to play and sniff, but I am affraid he would play too rough with them. They weren't bigger than our cats. And their owner thinks it is so cute. I just want to keep moving forward lady! Anyway, it wasn't a great run because of the dogs. But, it was 2.5 miles of moving and using upper body strength. And without the dog, I probably wouldn't go out at night. After the run, I did 3 sets of 10 reps with the weight bar. By the end, I was really having to call out the numbers. It was real work to get that bar up and down controlled. But, on the plus side - this is the third time I have done so many reps and this morning my arms don't feel like lead!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Yeah for your arms not feeling like lead! I know what you mean about that, I feel so weak when I try to do weights and I would definitely be calling out the numbers. :) Sorry I haven't posted any comments in so long, I've gotten behind on my blogging.

Andria said...

GAHHH!!! Why can't people just keep the blangin things on leashes?! Good job for doing the arms too, though yanking the dog away from the dogs must have been quite a workout!